UPSC MAINS EXAM PATTERN AND SYLLABUS ::
A Candidate’s rank in UPSC Exam depends only on the marks scored in main and interview.The main exam has 1750 marks and interview has 275 marks.
The written exam is consist of the following nine papers,but only 7 papers counted for final merit ranking and rest two paper,the candidates should secure minimum qualifying marks.
Qualifying papers not counted for final ranking.
PAPER A : Indian Language -Syllabus (one of the INDIAN language to be selected by candidate).This paper is not compulsory for the candidates hailing from the states of Arunachal Pradesh,Manipur,Meghalaya,Mizoram,Nagaland and Sikkim) .It consists of 300 marks.
PAPER B : English Language (300 Marks)
PAPER TO BE COUNTED FOR MERIT RANKING ::
- PAPER I Essay (250 marks)
- PAPER II General Studies-I- [250 marks] (Indian Heritage and cultural,History and Geography of the world and society )
- PAPER III General Studies Studies-II-[250 marks] (Governance,Constitution,Polity,Social Justice and International relations.)
- PAPER IV General Studies- III- 250 Marks (Technology.Economics Development,Biodiversity,Environment,Security and Disaster Management)
- PAPER V General Studies -IV – 250 marks (Ethics,Integrity and Aptitude)
- PAPER VI Optional Subject – PAPER I – 250 Marks.
- Paper VII Optional Subject – PAPER II – 250 Marks.
Complete syllabus can be Downloaded in PDF format from the given link below :: Click here
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER I
- INDIAN INDEPENDENCE BY BIPIN CHANDRA
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by GOH CHENG LEONG click here
- A New look at Modern History by B.L Grover Click here to Download
- A Brief History Of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir (Spectrum) New Edition Click here to Download
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania 2nd Edition Click here to Download
- Plassey to Partition by Sekhar Bandyopadhyay Click here to Download
- Early History of India Penguin Book Click here to Download
- India After Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha Click here to Download
- Indian Society by SC Dubey Click here to Download